War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based tech startup that aims to radically improve the wellbeing of everyone affected by cancer. The first step towards achieving that has been to create the social network and app; War On Cancer.
You will be joining a fast paced company in a very interesting time with the possibility to shape processes, our ways of working and the company as a whole. Our Engineering team today consist of 12 engineers and we have the ambition to double that over the coming years.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the new Native iOS Application from the ground up with focus on quality, architecture and scalability
- Explore and use new technologies within iOS such as SwiftUI, Combine, Async/Await and much more to build the best possible user experience
- Contribute across our tech stack (Swift, nodejs, TypeScript, Docker/Kubernetes, Azure Cloud, and much more)
- Build and maintain scalable applications, implement smooth user experience with high quality
- Be a part of the product development process including design, planning, testing, implementing, shipping and so forth
- Constantly learn new things, explore technologies, integrations and best practices together with self-improvement and make those around you better
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and inclusive environment, with a high level of freedom and responsibility
What you'll bring to the team:
- Several years’ experience with software development and a bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- A strong fluency in Swift with a clear quality first mindset; writing and maintaining readable code with good knowledge of what it means to ship quality code
- Solid knowledge in the iOS platform and a variety of iOS frameworks
- Deep understanding of the Cocoa design patterns and APIs combined with exploratory knowledge of SwiftUI and best practices
- A "doer" mentality and growth mindset, with a passion for solving problems wherever they are in any shape
- Experience working with tools such as Git together with CI/CD pipelines
- Passion for building high quality products with the user in focus
You would join as team member to the iOS Native App in our Stockholm Engineering team and would have a great opportunity to be part of shaping the processes, building the team and setting the ways of working moving forward. This is your chance to be part of something big that will have an impact on peoples health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and psychologically. We encourage personal development and an open environment where no ideas are bad ideas.
We strongly believe that great engineers want to and can learn new technologies quickly so in case you are not familiar with everything above; don't worry, you'll learn on the job!
If you have any questions regarding War On Cancer, jobs or recruitment process don't hesitate to contact us.