War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based tech company aiming to radically improve the wellbeing of everyone affected by cancer, with a focus on mental health. The War On Cancer app is one of the world’s largest social cancer apps enabling its members to connect with others who can relate, journal their experiences, share their stories, and help others. The app also amplifies the patient voice in cancer research through in-app studies, making it easy for members to contribute their insights and improve the future of cancer care. We’re now in search of our Head of People that will play a crucial part in taking our company to the next phase.
What you’ll be doing
As the Head of People, you will be a key person in evolving and amplifying our culture across the company as well as helping to find, develop, motivate and retain the team at War On Cancer. Heart based leadership, inner development and personal freedom are key ingredients in the organisation we are striving to build. You will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the company executives and team leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. In this role you will be responsible for all human resources related activities.
- Talent Acquisition
- Understanding the detailed job requirements and skill sets for new roles
- Sourcing and screening high quality candidates for each new role
- Assisting line managers with interviewing and hiring new team members
- Prioritize and manage hiring multiple roles concurrently
- Develop internal and external processes managing key hires
- Talent Retention
- Ensuring the effective onboarding and training of new team members
- Serve as internal HR liaison for hiring & personnel management
- Develop new strategies for engagement with new and existing hires
- Liaise with managers on performance management and upskilling
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition
- Human Resources & Engagement
- Foster a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Handle all employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures
- Effectively partner with business unit leaders to manage employee relations and provide guidance on complex employment matters
- Responsible for people data reporting and records management
- Compliance and policy management
- Facilities and event planning management
- Prior HR Manager or Director experience
- 3-5 years recruiting for technology companies
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent practical experience with proof of HR related qualifications and experience in best practice
Other than your experience, what will be important to us is that you have;
- A passion for people; focus on excellence; empathetic and caring
- An ability to relate to people living with and beyond cancer.
- A personal relationship with inner development
- A good understanding of heart based leadership
- Self-motivation, process-drive and detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and interpersonal
- A strategic mindset and an ability to analyze and present data to make decisions
- Honesty, straightforwardness and that you’re a team player.
If you feel that you can help us bring the War On Cancer app to its next phase let us know and we’ll love to meet you.