War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based impact tech start up which aims to radically improve the mental health of everyone affected by cancer. The first step towards achieving that has been to create the social media app; War On Cancer.
As we are transitioning the app out of its early stages and onto new platforms, we’re looking for a product designer to play an invaluable part of evolving our design system used across our design and engineering teams. A team player that will work closely with everyone throughout War On Cancer.
What you love to do:
You thrive on collaborating with others, including designers, and engineers. You aim for cohesion and consistency in visual elements and terminology. You are a strong systems thinker and visual designer with hands-on experience contributing to design systems libraries for digital products. You know a design system is more than documentation, it’s the way we work together. You are constantly keeping up to date with the latest releases in new technology and guidelines. You are very resourceful and enjoy utilising plugins and other tools to help you in your daily design tasks. You take ownership over your work and help others in your team to also benefit from your knowledge. You naturally cross borders and break down silos between disciplines, empowering designers and engineers to work quickly with high standards for quality and consistency.
- Play a fundamental role in developing a comprehensive design system across native mobile apps, through to a developing web application.
- Responsible for owning the foundational patterns, UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers War On Cancer’s strategic design vision.
- You are resourceful and can leverage the documented iOS human guidelines as well as material guidelines, with the know-how to research other UX methodologies outside these guidelines.
- Apply design systems best practices and design patterns to maintain a strong level of quality and consistency.
- You care about setting up the team up for success—shaping the design system in a way that helps other designers & developers do their best work.
- You think in systems; you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system.
- You understand how visual design and interaction design work together to make design clear.
- Strong communication skills when collaborating with other members in your team.
- Help shape the culture of the growing design team at War On Cancer
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience working directly with design systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma’s design tool.
- Strong communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android.
- Awareness of inclusive design principles, best practices and accessibility standards.
- Experience contributing to design systems including component design, documentation, and education.
- Ability to maintain simplicity in a growing design system, with a clear sense of structure that is scalable for growing products
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions and you do that by integrating user, business and technical considerations into your design process.
- You can identify when to optimise for speed and when to seek quality and hone into the details.