War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based impact tech start-up that aims to radically improve the mental health of everyone affected by cancer. The first step towards achieving that has been to create the social media app; War On Cancer.
Now moving into our user acquisition and growth phase, we’re in search of a Visual Designer to support design initiatives from our Growth Marketing team, and Business Development team. You will brainstorm, conceptualise, design, animate, and edit scalable and modular assets for customer acquisition and retention. You will also create graphics and dynamic presentations for business growth and investor pitches. An ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, can execute quickly, translating ideas into beautiful and engaging assets.
What you love to do:
You are creative and absolutely love making things look great. By great, we mean on-brand, exciting, and effective. You have the incredible ability to add a human touch to digital formats. You spend the time necessary to make sure your work matches the brand guidelines while also getting the point across. You are passionate about branding, and how it is essential in establishing a strong connection with our members throughout the entire user journey. You enjoy keeping up to date with the current design trends while having a thorough understanding of design fundamentals.
- Help express our brand identity across the entire user journey to build brand awareness, convey trust, and express our brand’s mission to our current and future members.
- Translate complex ideas and information about mental health, healthcare, and more to our member community in a way that can be easily understood, that educates, inspires, and motivates them.
- Work together with other designers and other team members to advocate for the visual look and feel of our core product, the War On Cancer app, to help produce a product that amplifies our brand and the overall user experience for our community.
- Produce assets for marketing campaigns to be used across our socials, advertising, on our website.
- Establish expressive, and intuitive visual and motion design across all of our internal and external platforms.
- Produce presentation templates for the team, for pitching and for our partners.
- Work with our design system along with designers from other disciplines.
- Create realistic still and moving digital mockups of our product.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A strong visual portfolio, demonstrating designing across different formats, focusing on digital design.
- Ability to turn complex ideas into simple, understandable, and powerful visual representations.
- A real team player that is able to adapt when needed, and enjoys working cross-functionally.
- Experience juggling multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment and to take their own initiative.
- Experience using Adobe products, Figma/Sketch, a big plus.
- Experience using Google Slides and other Google Suite products.
- Some form of formal design, communication, or arts education.
- Experience/interest in motion design, a big plus.