War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based impact tech start-up that aims to radically improve the mental health of everyone affected by cancer. The first step towards achieving that has been to create the social media app; War On Cancer. As our member community is growing, we’re in search of a digital product designer to play a fundamental role in developing a new web application to make the experience more accessible to a wider audience.
What you love to do:
You have a passion for technology and how it can empower people to improve their lives and the world. You thrive on solving complex problems in simple, intuitive ways. You enjoy working on a new project from start to finish. You have a strong vision and are able to execute it. You value working with a diverse team and can leverage the entire team throughout your design process to develop the best ideas as a group. You are constantly learning and adapting to the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Develop the design and information architecture of our new web platform built on React.
- Take an existing concept and adapt it appropriately to leverage a new audience, creating something useful and valuable that fits into our overall War On Cancer ecosystem.
- Apply web design best practices and design patterns to maintain a strong level of quality and consistency.
- Use human-centered design methodologies and practices to elevate the importance of user-centered design. For example, working with personas and user journeys.
- Utilise the power of growth loops and hooks, experimenting with growth hacking.
- Work with data and user testing to support design decisions.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Help shape the culture of the growing design team at War On Cancer
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years experience as a digital designer working on responsive web applications.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex web applications.
- Strategic and purposeful in making design decisions and you do that by integrating user, business, and technical considerations into your design process.
- Strong communication skills when collaborating with other members in your team.
- Self-motivated and autonomous. Successfully prioritise and execute projects with quality outcomes.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to digital platforms across different devices and browsers.
- Ability to identify when to optimise for speed and when to seek quality and hone into the details.
- Awareness of inclusive design principles, best practices and accessibility standards.
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localisation, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.).
- Experience with Figma, or other well-known design tools.
- Experience contributing to and working with design systems.
- Experience working on products built using React is a big plus but not required.
- Experience working on social media products is a plus but not required.