*Part-time or full-time role subject to discussion.
About War On Cancer
Established in 2017, War On Cancer is a Swedish-founded healthtech company aimed at radically improving the lives of those impacted by cancer. The app is one of the world’s largest social cancer apps, enabling its members to connect with others impacted by cancer, share their stories, and provide a support system. The app also amplifies the patient voice in cancer research through in-app studies, making it easy for members to contribute their insights and improve the future of cancer care. The app is currently available in over 20 countries with offices in Stockholm and London.
About the team
We're an optimistic team who naturally go the extra mile, have a glass-half-full mindset, and see challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who are inventive, bold, lead change, and have a prestigeless attitude towards combining strategic and hands-on work. Inner development and mental health are at the forefront of our agenda, and we are now in search of our first Financial Controller to join our growing team.
We’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for a skilled and proactive Financial Controller to join War On Cancer’s team in Stockholm, Sweden. The ideal candidate will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate projects, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as financial risk management. Reporting to the CEO, the Financial Controller will ensure the company’s financial planning and processes are healthy and align with the business objectives.
The Financial Controller will have a broad remit, and given the ever evolving nature of the business, there will be a great deal of scope to get involved in projects outside of the core role too.
- Manage accounting operations and report directly to the CEO
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate reporting to the Board and Investors
- Support month-end and year-end close processes including developing reports to monitor business performance metrics, trends and financial forecasts
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the company budget, financial forecasts and cash flow projections
- Implement, review and maintain processes and controls, leading a move away from manual processes
- Manage the tax reporting requirements of the different jurisdictions within the company
- Creation of KPIs & and associated dashboards
- Lead on implementation of new Finance systems
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Various further ad hoc tasks/project work
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Financial Analyst or similar role
- CIMA, ACCA, or ACA qualification
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Strong financial modelling and report writing skills
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Management experience
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
At War On Cancer, we value and respect differences and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the organisation
- Flexible vacation policy with 30 days holiday, with the option to take your additional bank holidays at your discretion
- Flexible work location & hours
- Monthly sessions with a therapist (optional)
- Latest MacBook and accessories
- Company off-sites, AW’s, team days & events both IRL and remote
- Plus many more
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a 'remote by default' way of working that further allows us to hire the best talent according to aptitude. We openly welcome all identities and backgrounds.
- Business Operations
Workplace & Culture
Three words to describe us? Purpose-driven. Fun-loving. Hard-working.
Connect with us or swing by for a coffee at our offices in Stockholm or London for a chat!
About War On Cancer
We exist to improve the lives of everyone impacted by cancer. Our community helps you connect with others in a similar situation, exchange experiences, and contribute to cancer research. We are a global app with over 1,500 weekly active members.
Loading application form