About War On Cancer
Established in 2017, War On Cancer is a Swedish-founded social impact company aimed at improving the lives of those impacted by cancer. The app is one of the world’s largest social cancer apps, enabling its members to connect with others impacted by cancer, share their stories, and provide a support system. The app also amplifies the patient voice in cancer research through in-app studies, making it easy for members to contribute their insights and improve the future of cancer care. The app is currently available in over 20 countries with offices in Stockholm and London.
War On Cancer is a social impact company with a long-term vision of making a tangible change in people’s lives. Our purpose is to ‘fill the void of unmet needs of those impacted by cancer’, something we’re able to build towards with the help of investors and partners. To date we’ve raised approximately €7M euro from angel investors who believe that we’re on the right track to solve one of the biggest societal cost burdens and barriers to qualitative lives associated with cancer as of today.
About the team
We are a growing and diverse team of 25 dedicated and experienced engineers, epidemiologists, researchers, data scientists, community managers, marketeers and musketeers. We’re spread all over the world, with our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, the majority of our marketing team working from London, UK and with community management and tech-development presence in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Linga-Linga, Mozambique.
Over the coming years we expect to grow and double in size but as a startup anything can happen and more valuable than following your exact roadmap and plan is to have a strategy if things change outside of your control.
More than education we highly value a positive attitude and your willingness to share that so that we together can move quicker. We’re working in a space where lead time of significant changes takes years if not decades. We work faster than that.
Ambition and success is rewarded greatly. Going home from work receiving a message from the other side of the world stating that your work has improved their life is hard to explain but it is a good feeling.
Lastly, we listen to each other - it makes all the difference.
We’re looking for
We want to engage and are eager to onboard an experienced and well documented proactive Business Development Manager to join the team at War On Cancer’s office in Stockholm, Sweden. The ideal candidate will take the lead in setting the strategy and gaining business attraction by generating new leads to, and selling, in-app health studies. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as a major part of the role involves working with and motivating a team consisting of scientists, analysts, and partnership managers.
- Find and assess opportunities of how War On Cancer can best utilise its current position on the market to bridge the gap between patients and cancer research/care.
- Set clear goals and revenue targets that will be supportive in the overall business strategy and projections.
- Develop capabilities and service offering presentations targeted towards key stakeholders within the pharmaceutical-, insurance-, and healthcare industry.
- Set up a sales strategy to reach our goals by merging our Research & Development and sales teams into one B2B-unit.
- A University degree (MSc or BSc) in business, engineering, or similar
- At least five years of experience working in the life science industry
- Sales experience with strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Experience in management and executive presentations
- A passion for closing deals and a deep understanding of the value of a long-term relationship with clients
- An understanding of health study designs and analysis.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Fluency in English
At War On Cancer, we value and respect differences and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the organisation
- Flexible vacation policy with 30 days holiday, with the option to take your additional bank holidays at your discretion
- Flexible work location & hours
- Monthly sessions with a therapist (optional)
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a 'remote by default' way of working that further allows us to hire the best talent according to aptitude. We openly welcome all identities and backgrounds.