About War On Cancer
Established in 2017, War On Cancer is a Swedish-founded social impact company aimed at improving the lives of those impacted by cancer. The app is one of the world’s largest social cancer apps, enabling its members to connect with others impacted by cancer, share their stories, and provide a support system. The app also amplifies the patient voice in cancer research through in-app studies, making it easy for members to contribute their insights and improve the future of cancer care. The app is currently available in over 20 countries with offices in Stockholm and London.
War On Cancer is a social impact company with a long-term vision of making a tangible change in people’s lives. Our purpose is to ‘fill the void of unmet needs of those impacted by cancer’, something we’re able to build towards with the help of investors and partners. To date we’ve raised approximately €7M euro from angel investors who believe that we’re on the right track to solve one of the biggest societal cost burdens and barriers to qualitative lives associated with cancer as of today.
About the team
We are a growing and diverse team of 25 dedicated and experienced engineers, epidemiologists, researchers, data scientists, community managers, marketeers and musketeers. We’re spread all over the world, with our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden; the majority of our marketing team working from London, UK and with community management and tech-development presence in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Linga-Linga, Mozambique.
Over the coming years we expect to grow and double in size and as a startup anything can happen and more valuable than following your exact roadmap and plan is to have a strategy if things change outside of your control.
Ambition and success is rewarded greatly. Going home from work receiving a message from the other side of the world stating that your work has improved their life is hard to explain but it is a good feeling.
We listen to each other, share experiences, help each other evolve and together we reach our company goals.
We’re looking for
A Key Account Manager for the UK market who is passionate about driving sales and profit. You will have a great understanding of the value of health data and patient insights as this is our core business. You will lead the sales strategy and gain business attraction and generate new leads. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You will most likely work from our office in Stockholm or London.
- Provide partnerships by connecting with customers in the Life science sector, such as pharma and healthcare
- Provide high-quality commercial approach to maximise growth
- Find and assess opportunities of how War On Cancer can best utilise its current position on the market to bridge the gap between patients and cancer research/care.
- Have a role in setting goals and revenue targets that will support the overall business strategy and projections.
- Develop capabilities and service offering presentations targeted towards key stakeholders within the pharmaceutical-, insurance-, and healthcare industry.
- A University degree (MSc or BSc) in business or life sciences
- Documented experience of sales and strong negotiation skills from the life science industry
- A passion for closing deals and a deep understanding of the value of a long-term relationship with clients
- An understanding of the unique value of health data
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Fluency in English
At War On Cancer, we value and respect differences and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the organisation.
- Flexible vacation policy with 30 days holiday, with the option to take your additional bank holidays at your discretion.
- Flexible work location & hours.
- Latest MacBook and accessories.
- Juicy annual fitness allowance.
- Company off-sites, AW’s, team days & events both IRL and remote
- Monthly sessions with a therapist (optional)
- Plus many more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a 'remote by default' way of working that further allows us to hire the best talent according to aptitude. We openly welcome all identities and backgrounds.